Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Kill him in good faith - manage with a positive attitude

We can all tell stories about affiliates, customers or suppliers from hell. These stories bring a great cocktail conversation. Many years ago, when I first started working as a retail store manager, I had a definition of a ditsy blonde. She is late every day, panting, full of stories about her personal life, her car and every possible reason why she is not on time....again.

She would walk into the bathroom, open her wallet, pull out a cosmetic treasure house and take a 30-minute shift.

Well, I have never done well in makeup scenes, probably because I never really felt that I knew what I was doing. It is never my modus operandi to prepare women for time. I can never figure out how long it took. I remember even taking a long time in the bath because I was ready for the boyfriend's high-level dance. The best thing I could do was half an hour, including showering and drying my waist. A little foundation, twice blush, a little mascara and I went very well, however, this is my staff in the bathroom, at company time, wasting 1/16 of her shift.

Be positive, I tell myself. If you can't say good things, don't say anything.

Ok. It sounds fancy, but I have a business. I only arranged for two of us to open the store, I was already waiting for two customers, answering the phone and placing the product to reorder and so on. I need her to be there now.

So how does a positive attitude work? Ok, the cynics say, "It's better, you are fired!" This is a way. But each story has two sides.

You see, once she makes up, she is at the sales location, she is the best sales assistant I have ever seen. She has established a relationship with the client and she truly understands the look and feel of quality customer service. The customer loves her.

So we talked about how valuable it was to her, how important her contribution to the overall business, and how I enjoyed her personality. Then I emphasize how important it is to be on time and ask what we can do to help her succeed. She has tried to be on time, and I have emphasized her confidence in future success.
from

  She agreed to work harder. I know, I know, you think it is the secret of failure.

But the next day she arrived on time, I did a lot of things. She still spends in the bathroom, but it is an improvement.

She praised her every day on time. Soon, she is on time every day, and soon after, this is a problem that lags behind us.

After that, she thanked me for my patience, apologized for this problem and told me that my belief in her helped her correct this behavior.

"Positive" behavior: Every day, every employee is given some positive topics. Sometimes the only benefit you can say is that they arrive on time. Heads-up it - re-execute positive action.

As a culture, we spend a lot of time focusing on negatives, and when we take the time to say something positive, people will be surprised. Your boss said for the last time: "Welcome to work, I am very happy that you are here?" Imagine how your feelings would be when your colleagues praised them. They will stand taller, laugh more and feel better about themselves. They will spread this positive attitude to their peers and, most importantly, to their customers. Soon, your office will be the office everyone wants to work because it is such a happy place.

Copyright 2006, Deborah Chaddock Brown




Orignal From: Kill him in good faith - manage with a positive attitude

No comments:

Post a Comment