Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Retirement definition in the context of becoming a foreigner in Mexico

My wife said that I did not retire. I certainly say that I am. Since 2004, we have been living in the same name in the southern part of Mexico, Oaxaca. I am a Toronto litigation lawyer until I am 53 years old, when I pack it and we move south. After moving to Oaxaca for a year or so, we opened a bed and breakfast for a few years and then stopped.

I have accumulated some expertise in the Mescal region during my vacation in Oaxaca twice or three times since 1991. Mezcal is a Mexican spirit based on agave, most of which is made by hand in small mothers and popular wineries, known locally as palenques. So, after retirement, I began to lead educational trips into spiritually-produced villages, from beginners to Meskar enthusiasts, to teaching bartenders, and to assisting entrepreneurs who want to create export brands. I work three days a week, usually not on weekends. I charge for the services I offer, but all good income comes from charitable purposes. I also wrote online and print publications about mezcal and industry sustainability, and few people received my meditation payment, although a few years ago I signed a contract with the Mexican government's Mexico Today plan to hire a short film to promote travel and Investment for the country. Am I retired?

Let's start with the temporary definition of retirement: if you have a long career or work, don't want to do it again and don't need to do it because you don't have debt and have enough money to last for the rest of your life. Your child and/or partner will be satisfied with your good care after you die, and then you will stop doing what you have done during the long period of adulthood, and then you will retire.

Just because you decide to do more things later, instead of sitting at home or playing cards with friends or travel, you won't detract from retirement status, even if you make money and your new career keeps you busy for 40 hours a week. Maybe we should add something to our definition: Retirement can include doing something new afterwards, including having one or more hobbies, even if it generates revenue, as long as you can do it anytime, anywhere without generating any Negative Effects. Do you decide when to do or not to do it.

If you are a type A personality, even if you retire, you will always be alone. So don't worry about worrying about how you will spend your time doing your daily work. When we first moved to Oaxaca, I didn't know how to spend my days.

In my personal case, people might reasonably ask, "If he should retire and only work on those working days, do he work four days a week?" Well, a young and bright indigenous Zapotec woman, our daughter, I have been living with us for the past four years and will continue to do so when we bring her to the medical school in Oaxaca. Readers who have children understand that simply because your offspring exceeds adulthood does not necessarily mean they are independent. She took up some of our time.

Think about it: When you make a living for work, you finish it on Friday afternoon. Of course you are too tired to go out that night. Saturday afternoon and evening, Sunday afternoon is your own time. You can't go out on Sunday night because you have to get up on Monday morning. You brought some work to go home from work, so your free weekend is not entirely personal time. So you basically have a weekend and a night to socialize and do cultural activities. If you live in a big city, you will understand that there are good dance and music performances every day, the gallery is open, new restaurants try, movies are told that you should not miss it. You don't have time to see your friends in a week because you are at work and you are too tired at night.

When you retire, you can take advantage of what you can't see or do during the day and night of a weekend.

Going back to my previous question, this is what I did at 8 am yesterday, at 7:00 pm: take our daughter car to repair, then take a taxi back home; throw my wife to the dentist Then bought a bag of ice to go home; picked up my wife and went home; completed an article, let my wife edit, correct and upload it to the Internet; drive with our daughter to pick up her car; Our plastic surgeon office paid for him; got a haircut; went home.

I think that one day after retirement, I did not make a trip to Meskar to participate in a new art installation or concert. Moreover, some of my errands are run on motorcycles; if I have to do it with a car, it will take two days. Because I don't have time to go to the bank. Bank, write this article, and go out for dinner to our new location in the Moroccan restaurant scheduled for today.

Retirement is a state of mind. It can be a full-time job. Maybe once my wife edited this article, she would understand that I was retired; maybe she still wouldn't. At least now I have enough time to do too tired when I earn a living at work.




Orignal From: Retirement definition in the context of becoming a foreigner in Mexico

No comments:

Post a Comment