Thursday, May 9, 2019

For stepmothers who don't want to be called moms

I recently read an article about stepmothers who don't want their stepchildren to call them moms. The main reason is because the child already has a mother. My direct response is... what? I am a stepmother, I am raised by someone other than my mother. Mom, I call my woman I know as my mother. If I have to call her, except for my mother, I will be destroyed.

A mother is a woman who gives life to a child. Everyone has one. A mother gave her child a life. A mother shared all experiences of conception and childbirth. A mother shares all the sacrifices, selflessness, education, patience, long-term painful experience, sometimes taken for granted, sleepless nights, pride, and love after birth until adulthood. Don't distort, mother and mother are not the same person.

It burned my blood and heard the stepmother telling them that the stepchildren should not call their mother. If your stepchild asks you to call your mother, don't deny them the opportunity. Mother, calling a child caretaker is a natural instinct. When they have to call you Ms. Su, their relationship is very embarrassing. Their friends heard it, their neighbors heard it, and their classmates at the school heard it and they heard it. You will never replace their mother. This is impossible because you can't jump over and become their mother when she gives birth. If your child depends on your clothes, food, shelter, education, feelings, love, time and discipline, you are the mother.

When she was just 13 years old, my stepdaughter lived with us. On the first day, she called my mother. I did not ask a question, I immediately replied to her. Later she told me that she called my mother because she wanted to experience me like my other children. Therefore, even children know that the word mother defines the relationship between a woman and a child. It can separate or include them in family dynamics. My stepdaughter still has a mother, always. They occasionally visit each other and I will never go to her mother's place. In my house, she is my daughter, I am her mother.

Recognize who you are in your child's life. The position of their mother on this earth is not important. She can live in everything I care about next door. If you are really helping your husband take care of his children, then you are their mother. As long as they know the identity of their mother, they will not confuse or think that their mother does not exist. I know where I am from and have not changed who my mother is or who my mother is.




Orignal From: For stepmothers who don't want to be called moms

No comments:

Post a Comment