Thursday, May 9, 2019

Woodworking without power tools, lifelong love with handmade woodworking tools

I am now around 60 years old and have left the woodworking and workplace. I saw the popularity of power tools in my career. Now almost everyone who is interested is the router of the home decoration owner these days. I was not the case at the beginning.

When I started working as a carpenter for a small private company, home repair work in the city was on the rise. People have begun to be interested in transforming the house into an elegant past. People like me are hired as craftsmen and craftsmen to bring a little craftsman to the workplace. We often come to these projects before installing electricity [or pipes!]. We use cross cutting and sawing to cut the material by hand. Sometimes we make our own woodworking hand tools on site to perform specific functions, such as lining lines on uneven walls to molded parts that need to be removed from the brick wall. Or use a file to create a beaded scraper from an old industrial band saw blade.

I learned from people who have been doing this for years, and found that I built a fast and deep friendship with my tools and materials. I learned to use a small low-angle handheld aircraft until it became an extension or part of my hand. It played its role perfectly. Later, when I went to work in the store and actually came indoors, these skills proved to be very valuable. For example, when repairing antique furniture, I took away many of the carpentry skills of these sites, and I saw that they developed more there.

The relationship between hands, tools and materials has something to create a revolutionary leap in the brain. No matter what you do, you can develop. As time goes by, you don't really think about it, you are teaching your hands and fingers to think. They no longer work outside of you, but work in your heart. It seems that different parts of the brain are firing at the same time. As a result, you become smarter in a very practical way. Not by accidental swallowing, but by observing the situation and letting your body mentally and mentally complete the task, because you have completed the hard work of creating an internal language using your tools and materials.




Orignal From: Woodworking without power tools, lifelong love with handmade woodworking tools

No comments:

Post a Comment