Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Thomas Camp's poetry - your poet is!

I read Thomas T. Kemp's latest work this morning and once again know why he became my favorite writer. When I edited and edited this book for him, you asked me how I could say this, and I was lucky enough to help him write the first book, "From here to where you live? Well, poetry has always been a mystery to me. I read some and wanted to know what it meant. I read others and every word talks to me.

So it is with your poet: poetry and you. No matter how many times I have gone to read or read Thomas's poetry for many years, I was surprised and awed this morning and read them again in this book. That's why Thomas is my favorite writer, and his collection of poems clearly explains this.

Thomas speaks directly to the reader. No matter who you are, you feel that he is sitting with you talking. No matter how many times you open this book, what you read is fresh, new, waiting to "talk" to you. Kemp is a natural storyteller. As I write poetry, I am worried about formatting, punctuation and capitalization, misspelled words. When life is unstable and Thomas talks about life, how foolish I am trying to ensure consistency... Love! I realized that the final copy I submitted to him was not used - thank goodness! Because it is hard and consistent, it is absolutely completely correct.

The kitchen was presented to me; then, immediately started talking to me... Have I read this poem before? Why does it seem to be different from talking to me? Ah... I understand. Thomas added magic - his words of poetry, now, and finally, I understand. His changes brought meaning to these words, and in doing so he provided everyone with a personal message that we accepted and accepted.

Thomas's poetry shows his love to the reader. He put forward his words, his feelings... that everyone can see, accept and explore. All his poems are about love. He talked about the first little girl who caught his attention when he was five years old. But he also talked about sitting alone and wanting to be loved because he feels his life is disappearing. Thomas is real, you are introduced to him and know him through his poetry. He did not hide in his sharing. "Plastic flower" tells the pain of a woman's life, perhaps his wife, when he leaves her waiting at home, waiting for him to have dinner, maybe bring her some flowers. "Gold and Seventeen" shared his time in Vietnam when he was innocently lost... in many ways. In fact, some of the excerpts from his book are excerpts that first attracted me to read his novel. The articles that are said to have been written by Jewelko show sensitivity to a woman's feelings, which may be that you will never know or hear from a man, but you will see it in the text.

There is a spiritual consciousness in many of his poems, mainly through his words about the seasons. "Summer Time" brought us this year's heat, and "Skiing Snowman" brought a smile to our face, because we painted a father with his little daughter, maybe laughing, pulling him to "Damn, slippery snowman on the street."

Your poet is: poetry, you are not a collection of poems. This is a biography of poetry, a person's life, his love, his shame, his fear, his consciousness. If you are interested in expressing life together... this book is "must read". Maybe Thomas T. Kemp will also be your favorite writer.

A sample of Kemp's poetry:

Tell me it is so

So you want to see

Hear my poet?

Can you bear this picture?

My lower body?

Then do you understand my love?

How much do you know?

I want to inspire my enthusiasm

To your body?

Tattoo my words

Live from your wrist

Go over your shoulders.

I want to know if you will get together.

My shadow and soul are on your lips

When age accelerates us.

Because I am carrying you every night. . .

Always enter my green garden

Sitting on a white swing

Kiss you with my hopes.

Come tell me.

Is this what you want?




Orignal From: Thomas Camp's poetry - your poet is!

No comments:

Post a Comment