Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Don't be afraid to give your retirement speech

Here are three helpful tips on how to deal with nerves when you are speaking while standing.

But before I give them to you, can I tell you something absolutely right... Everyone feels nervous when they give a speech.

The only difference is that some people are better at hiding their nerves than others. So remember... "Born is nerve!"

Think about it... Why do professional actors always have professional reminders in the wing of the stage, if they forget their words or... Believe it or not, they are ready to help them..... Being overcome by the nerves?

This is because the nerve can attack at any time. You can't always stop them, but you can learn how to control them effectively...

Now here are my three tips for saving lives:

1. Think about it!

No matter what you do, don't put everything at the last minute. Think about what you are going to say instead of later. Sit down and write down your thoughts. You will be pleasantly surprised to find that the simple act of writing your thoughts on paper will make you less nervous about what you are saying... and raise other thoughts about what you should say. Write them down.

write down

Ask your family and friends if you know any humorous stories you might use. And write these down! I always advise people to avoid jokes or stories that might offend someone in the audience.

Far away, the best presentations are short, pleasant and clean speeches, and there are no things that might cause anyone to worry - especially for you!

They are best for you because you are not worried that they offend anyone. They are best for your audience because they can enjoy what you say without worrying about whether their mother, father, dad, aunt or anyone else is listening to you and enjoying this moment.

2. Written too big!

Write your speech clearly in BIG BOLD letters. Even better, type it in a large font. Avoid using all uppercase letters... because after one or two lines, you will find it hard to concentrate on uppercase letters.
from

Don't miss anything - anything - seize the opportunity and write everything down!

I mean, if the beginning of your speech... "Ladies, gentlemen..." write it down.

Before you actually stand up for a presentation, when you look nervously at the first page of the presentation, you will be surprised to find how reassuring these familiar words are.

Hey! I know this is obvious, but you will carefully write down every page of your notes [or cards] with bold numbers. Nothing is more assured than letting you know that your notes are not in the right order.

good mom!

Ok, I am not saying that you should be crazy. This is just a way of expression that my child used when preparing for a speech... "Robert is crazy!" Because what I did was to do my work ahead of time, how would I say it. I sat at my desk and I talked to myself. I stood in the shower and gave a speech to the imaginary audience.

As everyone knows, I stand in front of the mirror... sitting in the toilet... walking around in the garden... talking to the imaginary audience. And believe me, it works every time.

Because after you have spoken out your speech many times, these words become very familiar and reassuring. So much, when you stand in front of the audience and you hear yourself saying "old familiar words," they have a super soothing effect on your nerves.




Orignal From: Don't be afraid to give your retirement speech

No comments:

Post a Comment