Sunday, April 21, 2019

Is it good to hit the horse? I do not think so

Since I worked with a young horse in recent days, my head was shy. When I tried to escape him, lick my face or scratch between his ears, the horse would squeeze his eyes and evade. I have been thinking about how many horses are still playing horses and shooting horses as a discipline.

Or what I want to say is that it is a frustration.

I don't see any benefit of tapping or hiring a horse. I knocked the horse on my ass and left. I have never had to resort to horse or horse shooting around my head or face. I don't think I am a horse expert, but I am very concerned about horses. I have a few horses of my own, and I am sitting and doing business with my pet almost every day.

I work with horses every day, but I have not had the opportunity to build a deep connection. I have to feed them, feed them, apply granules, apply drugs, put on and take off flying masks and blankets, turn them out, stab, and work around them.

I have never had to resort to blows, beatings or any type of violence.

If a horse tries to bite me or kick me, I can see myself reacting in an instant, sit down and get rid of shock, pain or fear. But I don't remember going there.

So far, there are warning signs ahead of time, I have been able to leave the space and give me a break, so I can take the time to come up with a different approach.

I searched the Internet this morning for a small measure of using blows and tapping as a horse. I was very disappointed to find that this is still a very accepted practice. There must be other ways to communicate and collaborate with the horse without using any type of violence.

For ten years, I have kept my Holsteiner Mare Reanna who died a few years ago, I have never beaten her once. She is a big girl. She is a bossy girl. She is impressive and threatening to size, but I still have not returned to violence to deal with her. I remember one day, a lady came out to visit our farm. Lina pushed her to her chest and the woman patted her face. I am shocked. I said, "Reanna has never been hit before." When Lina told me like that. I walked away. She does not like to be ignored without attention. Once she is connected, I will not participate, play with her, train her, if she is rude, she will affect her, she will stop this behavior.

I think our visitor response is to pat Reanna without considering it. I didn't feel frustrated with her, but Reanna did. I gave her the suspicion of the benefits, maybe her reaction was unexpected or shocking.

Within a few minutes of the incident, I took our visitors to the ranch. Reanna was turned away after the initial meeting in the area where we walked. Outside my eyes, I can see Lina staring at the woman, pulling herself back, ready to run to the lady at full speed. Before Reanna was completely attacked, I calmly looked at the woman and told her that we should leave the ranch. We left the area. Before Reanna walked to the corner, I closed the door behind us. The woman did not see what was going to happen. She left alone, thank God.

Lina did not forget the attack of our visitors. She is like an elephant.

I really sat here this morning.

I think it really depends on our people as animals, and the Ma people find a non-violent way to communicate with our horses. I think patience is indeed a value. I understand the time constraints of the horse trainer and many horsemen. They need results. Sometimes they need to be fast. A horse must perform. There must be a horse. A horse can't be dangerous.

I just want to take a step back. Spend more time. Try to find a different way. Study non-violent training methods. Use your instincts. Listen to your horse.

There must be a way to beat or beat them with the horses.

I know there is. Lina taught me this.




Orignal From: Is it good to hit the horse? I do not think so

No comments:

Post a Comment