Tuesday, April 9, 2019

How to stop birds from eating my vegetable seeds?

They are one of the creatures of the family vegetable gardener, you like them around, but at the same time want them to leave your home garden alone. They are birds. They come in all shapes, sizes, colors, and of course eating habits.

In my area, sparrows and robins are the most common birds. Sometimes we see a cardinal or a blue Jay, and if we are really lucky, a jaundice will somehow get lost in where it first went. I am not a bird expert, but I know that birds are very beneficial and harmful to the home garden, especially when you start the seeds outdoors.

I have a few of my own solutions to stop birds from eating my seeds, but I want to get advice from Facebook's vegetable gardening fans. So I just posted this question simply, "How do I stop birds from eating vegetable seeds?" The following is the result of this problem.

Let's start with the old scarecrow. Now I have received a lot of different ideas about making a scarecrow, but our consensus is to make one way, so that the arm extends directly, parallel to the ground, and you should hang something on your arm and blow it in the wind. , emitting some noise, such as aluminum or tin plate or windsock with bells.

Bruce put forward what seems to be useful to him, and that is to use the rubber snake. I have never tried it myself, so I am not sure if this method works, but Bruce says the snake is moved to different parts of the garden. He seems to have successfully used this method, you can buy some rubber snakes in the local dollar store.

You can also use a plastic water bottle, an empty gallon plastic milk container, etc. to make a seed lid and cut the bottom to create a greenhouse effect for your seed. It also allows birds to access them.

Of course, if you don't want birds to eat your seeds, the final solution is to start the seeds indoors and move them outside when they are big enough. If you have never put food sources there, you should have no questions about birds eating seeds.

Yes, if birds swoop in and eat your seeds, they can cause serious damage to your garden, but birds are a necessity because they also eat all the harmful insects in the vegetable garden [of course harmful to the garden]. Following some of the ideas mentioned here, you will be well placed to ensure that birds are your allies to maintain a healthy, safe and productive home garden.




Orignal From: How to stop birds from eating my vegetable seeds?

No comments:

Post a Comment