Sunday, April 28, 2019

Chicken vegetable soup with Orzo and oregano

For some reason, I like to make soup on rainy days. This practice may be traced back to childhood, because my mother often makes soup. Her Manhattan clam soup is especially delicious. I still remember the time she decided to cook chicken soup in her new pressure cooker. Mom is not used to this new device, unfortunately, the valve was released prematurely.

The chicken soup is on the ceiling, which is the fact that the father never let her forget. I remember the incredible expression on her face when this happened. If I remember, we had to replace some ceiling tiles.

My chicken soup is not made with a pressure cooker. I just found a cauldron with a lid at the discount store. This recipe starts with the basic soup - onions, celery and carrots. Although I rarely cook Brussles sprouts, the grocery store especially likes them, so I bought some. This green cabbage vegetable adds an extra flavor to the soup.

For the color, I added a can of salt-free tomatoes cut into diced in the juice. For the sake of taste, I added garlic and oregano. You can also add some dry basil.

Although the remaining chicken is one of the ingredients, the vegetarian version of the recipe can be omitted. Vegetable ingredients can replace chicken soup. As for pasta, any small pasta will be done, such as rings, shells or cut pasta. You may want to pour pasta into the soup without taking measurements, which is not a good idea. Instead of soup, you will eat soup and cross between stews.

Remember that pasta continues to absorb moisture from the refrigerator, so you may need to add some water when you drink soup. Orzo and Organo chicken and vegetable soup is a bowl of rice. Eat with your favorite biscuits, hard rolls, baguettes or flat breads.

Ingredients

1 tbsp olive oil

1 medium yellow onion, chopped

1/2 cup celery, chopped

1 cup of small carrots

2 cups of Brussles bean sprouts, halved

1 box [32 ounces] of salt-free chicken soup [or vegetable soup]

1 can [14.5 ounces] tomato juice

1 can [14.5 ounces] of water

2 chicken broth

1/2 cup orzo [rice pasta]

1 teaspoon dry Oragano

1 teaspoon garlic powder

Seasoning with salt and pepper

Method

Pour the olive oil into the stockpot. Add onions and cook until translucent for about five minutes. Add celery, carrots and bean sprouts. Cook for another five minutes. Add all remaining ingredients, cover, and bring to a boil. Reduce calories, cook for 20 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft. If desired, it can be decorated with grated Parmesan cheese. Do 8 copies.




Orignal From: Chicken vegetable soup with Orzo and oregano

No comments:

Post a Comment